Sunday, October 6, 2013

This Week's Series: Raising Up A Vegan Child

Hello Lovely Readers!

I hope you've all had a wonderful week! Last week was supposed to be our "Raising up a Vegan Child" week, but life got the best of my time and the posts were delayed. That being said -This week's collection of posts will be about raising vegan children/babies. When my hubs and I got pregnant, we decided that our baby would be vegan like us. When the time came for her to decide whether or not she wanted stay vegan, that would be up to her. We would, however, provide her with all of the information needed to make an informed decision. This means we both needed to be knowledgeable on how to raise a vegan child. Now, I am a vegan for both health and ethical reasons. So hubs and I intend to provide both sides to our little girl, when the time is right and she seems ready. That'll be the difficult part of raising a vegan child for me I think.

For now though, raising her up vegan has been relatively easy. I've done quite a bit of research on her dietary needs and what feeding schedules should look like. Below is a list of the most important topics I've found in my research. I'll go into detail with each one with separate posts and provide a list of some websites I've reviewed. 

#1) The First Six Months- Breastfeeding vs. Formula
#2) Supplementing Vitamin B-12 is a MUST
#3) A Well Balanced Diet is Key
#4) Timeline For Introducing New Foods
#5) How To Have Fun With Vegan Kiddos

We'll start on Topic #1 tomorrow and address once a day through Friday. If you know of any new parents that are interested in these topics, please feel free to share! Have a wonderful, restful, and lovely rest of your weekend! 

:) ~Cali via LVL

No comments:

Post a Comment