Monday, September 9, 2013

Three Day Challenge Pt. 1

 As I stated in my About Me Post, I am a "wanna-be" Vegan.

My husband is completely supportive and is on board with me, which makes it easier. Since we are having a hard time, going 100% into the lifestyle, my husband decided it would be best if we did a 3 Day Challenge. We decided that we work best with small goals. We planned to juice 2 meals a day and have healthy snacks between meals (nuts, peanut butter, and fruit) and for dinner we would eat a sensible NEW vegan dish!  The reason i decided to cook new meals was because i found myself stuck in a rut. We were eating the same old things over and over again. And i needed a change.

Before the challenge, we mainly ate Red Beans and Rice, Vegan Pizza, and a Broccoli Orzo Dish.

I went to Barnes and noble before my yoga class and researched some cookbooks. I also went to my Pinterest Board as well. I have one completely devoted to Vegan Recipes or Recipes that i want to try and convert.

The Three Recipes i decided on were:

Vegan Fajita Soup (From the book: Great Gluten-Free Vegan Eats) (I will have a picture of this on tomorrow's  post) (Let me tell you, you dont want to miss this recipe! It was DIVINE!!!!)

Skinny Mediterranean Pasta Toss (Minus the Feta Cheese)
Skinny Mediterranean Pasta Toss! Recipe from Shrinking Kitchen. You will love the flavor combinations, sure to be a family favorite!
 


Kung Pao Tofu

Over the next few days, I will share with you my successes and failures along with the pricing and ingredients for each dish.

If you want to give being Vegan a try, I suggest starting small if you can't take the full plunge. For some people, they have to just jump all in, but for me, I work best in baby-steps!Or even if you don't think a vegan lifestyle is for you, i think you will still enjoy these recipes! Trust me, this is coming from the worlds pickiest eater. You definitely want to try these recipes! 

Find what works for you!

If you are Vegan, how hard was it for you to transition? If you are a "wanna-be" Vegan like me, what do YOU think is keeping you from taking the plunge?  I would love to hear from you!

LVL

Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment